Taco FI Series Base Mounted End Suction Pumps provide the ultimate solution for heating, air conditioning, pressure boosting, cooling water transfer, and water supply applications. The machine is equipped with self-sensing pro-balance, ECM motor options and Taco e-Link that gives you the access to every important document regarding the machine through your phone.
Technical Features of FI Base Mounted End Suction Pump:
- The improved bearing frame design features sealed-for-life bearings that meet all industry requirements for a minimum L 10 life of 60,000 hours, and optional, re-grease-able bearings are also available.
- An easy-to-replace, slip-on shaft sleeve facilitates seal maintenance in the field and lowers maintenance costs.
- Taco’s exclusive dry shaft design protects the pump shaft by eliminating contact with the circulating fluid, so corrosion-resistant shaft materials are generally not required.
- FI Pumps also feature flush seal line taps, allowing the installation of a filter to protect the seal from non-condensable particles present in open systems.
- In addition, pressure tapping’s on suction and discharge connections are provided as a standard feature. Taco FI Pumps are ideally suited for a variety of applications, including heating, air conditioning , pressure boosting, cooling water transfer, and water supply.
Safety and Precautions:
- Be careful of using the guards while operating the pump.
- Only operate the pump when all the plumbing and electrical settings are completed
- This is a heavy machine so proper equipment and care should be used to install it in place.
- Pipes should be carefully installed to avoid excessive pressure on the pipe unions.
- Refer to motor installation instructions to determine proper terminal connections in order to obtain correct pump rotation.
- When the system piping is used as an earth bonding path for the building electrical services (check local codes), the pump should not be relied upon as part of the circuit.
- A properly installed bridging connection should be provided.
- If electrical connection is to be made using any means other than rigid conduit, proper strain relief must be provided (min 100N tension).
- Pump should be installed according to local electrical and safety codes using appropriate size wire and suitable over current protection.
- It should use a lockable isolator or circuit breaker conforming to EN60947-3.
- It is recommended that the pump be fitted with a suitable “emergency stop” per the requirements of EN418.
- It is recommended that sound (noise) level reading be taken following installation per requirement of EN809.
Where to Install the FI Base Mounted End Suction Pump?
- The pump should be installed in a cool, dry, dust-free space that can leverage the servicing process.
- On closed heating systems, place the expansion tank at the suction side of the pump. When the pump head is less than 20 feet, it is permissible to connect the expansion tank to the discharge side of the pump.
- On open systems, install the pump close to liquid supply and make suction piping as short and as straight as possible.
The FI Base mounted suction pump comes with a one year warranty claim from the date of startup (in case of any defective working), or 1 years and six months warranty from the date of shipment.