Bell & Gossett Suction Diffuser Plus
The Bell & Gossett Suction Diffuser Plus is an angle pattern straightening fitting that enables the pumping system to function at the most optimum performance parameters. It conditions the flow into the pump suction to ensure the highest pump efficiency retention.
- Bell & Gossett Suction Diffuser Plus Brochure
- Bell & Gossett Suction Diffuser Plus Instruction Manual
- Bell & Gossett Suction Diffuser Instruction Manual
- Bell & Gossett Suction Diffuser Plus Submittal Sheet
- Bell & Gossett Suction Diffuser Submittal Sheet
The Suction Diffuser Plus includes our Flow Cone (patent pending), designed to eliminate the recirculation zones that develop in most suction diffuser designs available on the market today. These recirculation zones can lead to increased pressure drop across the suction diffuser and a high degree of variance in the velocity profile as flow enters the pump suction. The Flow Cone now directs the flow completely out of the Suction Diffuser and into the pump suction, providing a more uniform velocity profile that reduces uneven stress on the pump impeller and shaft. As a result pump efficiency is more effectively retained, pumping system energy costs are reduced, and the life of the pump is extended.