Series 2150 Pressure Reducing Valves
Bell & Gossett’s Hoffman Specialty Pressure Reducing Valves Series 2000. Series 2000 Pilot-Operated Regulators consist of a main valve that is controlled by a single or combination of pilot control valves. The Hoffman Specialty Series 2000 Pilot-Operated Regulator line includes over 55 main valves with 24 pilots and hundreds of possible combinations to cover a wide range of temperature, pressure and capacity options.
- Hoffman Specialty General Catalog
- Hoffman Specialty Service Parts Catalog
- Hoffman Specialty Series 2000 Pressure Temperature Regulator Brochure
- Hoffman Specialty Series 2000 Pressure Temperature Regulator Instruction Manual
- Hoffman Specialty Series 2000 Spring & Air Replacement Parts Instruction Manual
- Hoffman Specialty Model 240PNT Pneumatic Temperature Pilot Instruction Manual
- Hoffman Specialty Model 315 Pneumatic Temperature Pilot Instruction Manual
Operation of Series 2000 Pilot-Operated Regulator Main Valve:
The regulator main valve is held closed by the pressure on the diaphragm from an internal main spring. Pilot control valves control steam flow from the upstream supply side of the main valve to the underside of the diaphragm of the main valve. When the pilot valve opens, steam flows through the pilot and pressure builds in the signal line, applying pressure under the main valve diaphragm. This pressure force compresses the main valve spring and the main valve opens.
Under constant steam demand, the pilot and main valve remain relatively motionless. As the system approaches the pilot set point, the pilot valve begins to close. Less steam passes through the pilot and through the signal line. Pressure in the signal line decreases as steam passes through a small bleed orifice on the main valve. With lower steam pressure under the main valve diaphragm, the main valve spring forces the main valve to close.
Features of Hoffman Specialty Series 2000 Regulator Main Valves:
- 2-ply stainless steel diaphragm provides greater accuracy of control over entire capacity range and a longer life.
- Available in ½ through 6 inch sizes.
- 3 interchangeable, stainless steel port and seat sizes:
- Full for maximum capacity
- Reduced for smaller load conditions
- For continuous or dead-end service within .01% leakage of the main valve’s rated capacity.
- Packless construction eliminates many service problems.
- Positive travel stop and back up of diaphragm prevents over pressurizing from downstream (low-pressure) side.
If you have any questions please give us a call at 1-800-781-7405 or email us your request. Sales@NationalPumpSupply.com